22 Oct 12:45 — 13:15
About the session
Shifting the culture of an organisation is the holy grail of most business leaders.
Few agree on how. Organisational psychotherapy is a new, emerging field, drawing on more than a century of science, research and practice in the established field of individual psychotherapy.
Memeology is a self-help approach to leveraging the power of Organisational Psychotherapy.
The approach presented in this talk – an approach I call "Memeology" – is predicated on providing a list of the typical memes constituting the organisational memeplex, and facilitating the self-directed surfacing of and reflection on the prevailing assumptions and beliefs of the organisation in terms of these memes.
- Memeology: A means to change organisational culture, for the long term, and at a sustainable pace.
- An introduction to the field of Organisational Psychotherapy
- Insights into the power and benefits of Organisational Psychotherapy
- Actionable learnings:
• How to arrange time for surfacing and reflection
• How to get started on discussing your organisation's collective assumptions and beliefs
• The host of memes that form any organisation's collective mindset
• How memes interlock with one another to frustrate change – and how to overcome this
- How it's possible to talk about difficult and undiscussable topics... Shifting a collective organisational mindset takes time and commitment, but it’s vital for harnessing the cultural and technical forces that are accelerating the need for responsiveness and business agility
- Discover how involving everyone in adopting new collective assumptions and beliefs enables people and teamwork at every level. Your organisation has amazing potential to do better – Memeology helps you liberate that potential, in your own way and your own timescales.
This session will be:
- Delivered: Live
- Recorded: Yes
Themes: Organisational psychotherapy, Culture shift, Change, Organisational change, Self-help